pinkpunkette @ : Staying Optimistic in Discouraging Times
hey friends! just felt like sharing about this. hoped it will bless you. give me some feedback yea! =)
Staying Optimistic in Discouraging Times
well faith is de key to unlock God's power in your life, agree? never mind if you dun, im just gonna go on anyway. hah. in
Matthew 9:29 - Then He touched their eyes, saying, "According to your faith let it be to you".
okay lemme sidetrack a lil, im gonna introduce something, "LAW OF EXPECTATION". see, God create laws to govern the whole earth. laws are constant. e.g LAW OF GRAVITY. it's alwas constant, it not only works for today when de weather is hot, it doesn't depend on anything, it works yesterday, today and forever. imagine if it doesn't, you mite wake up realising yer in mid-air, floating above de indian ocean. LAWS can work for you or against you. my leader was sharing about him when he was young, he used to dream of being a superman (many would relate to this), but everytime he tries to run and leap, he'd fall back to ground, flat. see, de law of gravity work against him. but you know there's an invention, where they attached this dynamo thing to de bicycle wheels, so as you paddle, the electricity generated would be able to light up the lights, yea duh. so yea, de LAW can work for you or against you. get it?
same thing for de law of expectation. in Job 3:25 - For the thing I greatly feared has come upon me, and what I dreaded has happened to me. okay look, obviously Job has been expecting all these. for those of you who dunno what happened to him, his whole family died and all his crops, plantations were all destroyed, he was stripped til nothing. see, law of expectation.
Our expectations in life will influence our happiness, our life, our everything. be an OPTIMIST, expect good things. you dun need to be a christian to know this, but it will be an awesome thing if you are, cuz you wun lose out on anything. trust me.
okay neway back to wad i was saying. instead of focusing on what you dun wanna happen, why dun you jus expect what you wanna happen? cool? dun even entertain a negative thought. right. okay go to Phil 1:20, here Paul says that .. 'according to my earnest expectation to glorify God in all things i do..' see, he expects, and He was de greatest hero for God, he went through ups and downs, prisons and hell, but at the end, he glorified God throughout his life.
Why we should expect the best?
1) Expecting the best honours God. it simply means "my daddy can do everything". David expects God to deliver him from Goliath, and God did, despite all.
2) Expect the best increases yer ability. every athlete expects de best, no olympic swimmer goes up the platform thinking that they'd lose or shiver from other competitors, the only thought that runs through their mind is 'I WILL WIN', see that's why they are world-record breakers. it all lies in the attitude.
right, lemme share this. de greatest boxer, Mhd ALI. in his whole entire life, he only lose 2 fights, and they found out that these 2 fights are de only 2 times outta hundreds that during the press conference, he actually said something like 'what if i lose'.. see. power of expectation.
3) Expecting the best encoruages others. it's contagious. instead of spoiling people's day, why dun you just be positive and keep people going. enough about war and SARS. time fer some real good stuffs.
right. this is getting better. wanna know how to stay optimistic and get de law works for you? well pay me. through cheque or visa, either way. =) rite. hahaha.
5 practical ways to stay optimistic:
1) Start yer day with faith. studies have shown that 1st 10 mins of the days sets de tone of de entire day. David is de best example. in Psalm 5:3 - My voice You shall hear in the morning O Lord; in the morning I will direct it to You, And I WILL LOOK UP.
cool? be like David, look up to God. dun read de newspaper if you dun have enough faith. instead of letting de news of war dampen yer whole day, look to God man, proclaim all His promises. stuffs like "For de Lord delights in de prosperity of His servant".. you know God provides, He is Jehovah Jireh, common, so many promises, get them to work for you. ditch the stupid newspaper.
2) Look at the POSITIVES in every situation. de greatest inventor, Thomas Edison, his laboratory which contained all his records of his inventions, ALL his hardworks, his sweat, his time, was BURNED down. but he went back to de scene after de fire, and he said "there is great value in disaster, thank God for it, because it burned down all my mistakens and i can work all over again" no wonder he went on to be de greatest inventor on earth.
he turns his tombstone into a new stepping stone. cool thing man.
3) Give yer worries to God. Jesus said in Luke 12:28 "DO NOT WORRY" Let God take charge of the day man. rite, get ready for a story. there's this missionary, named Andrew Murray, nt very sure abt de name, but yea neway, he reaches out to orphans, daily, he'd say grace with de orphans and spend time wiv them. so what happened one morning is that after their grace, the children asked "where's de bread and milk?" Andrew Murrray went on, "Dun worry, let's just thank God for today and say our grace".. right after their AMEN, they heard a 'bam' just right outside their orphanage. there was an accident, both trucks coming in opposite directions collided. one truck was carrying milk and another bread, so it spilled and so the driver told them the orphans could take everything. see, GOD WILL PROVIDE. though it's quite funny. hahaha =)
4) Stop speaking negatively. neurologists found out through studies that once you say yer sicked, de brain would set de whole immune system to receive any virus, it will be weak. just like what Jesus said in Matthew "According to yer faith let it be done to you" well anyone recall trying to talk yerself into sickness? i remember i did, i kept saying i have a headache to escape some physical arrangements stuffs back in sch, in de end i really fell sicked. stupid. see, bible says our tongue, though is a lil thing, but it's like a rudder that stirs the entire ship, it stirs the whole course of yer life. so speak positive things yea.
5) Remember yer future is blessed. in Jeremiah 29:11. read it. go. God promises a hope and a future. hold onto it. Jesus died on de cross, took de curse and we're entitled to the blessings of Abraham.
i dunno abt de world, i only know my God provides. i know my God loves me, i know my Daddy can do everything for me.
yea, that's abt it. it's a long blog. hoped that yer blessed. God loves you, and He desires to show you mighty works. and those of you who are so against Jesus or dun even know Him, tell you. He's a wonderful friend, He's someone who never breaks His promises.
i'd be living hell if not for God and Jesus. rite, so what if He's someone i imagined or He's not real, you may think.. but if im so happy now, so complete believing in God? so why i just believe since i have nothing to lose? same for you. GET THE LAWS work for you, instead of working towards it. superman only happens on TV.
BLESS YOU. =)